WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We ask for your personal information when you make a purchase, register, sign up for promotions, offers or competitions, or to receive news or apply for credit.. Depending on which of these services you use, we may collect:
• your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase;
• details of any purchase orders that you place through the website, and any details we need for delivery;
• details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us;
• details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access; and
• information you provide if you report a problem with our website;
• business and trading information including references if applying for a credit account;
WHAT WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information:
• to facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it; • when you purchase from us, to process your order, collect payment, enable you to track you order, arrange delivery and for other purchase related services (this may include contacting you by telephone, email to arrange, confirm or upgrade your delivery) and for ongoing customer service enquiries including any faults or repairs or refunds; • for internal accounting and regulatory purposes; • for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services; • to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the website (See the cookies section), and to keep you informed about other products and services you might be interested in (See Keeping You Informed); and
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
We do not share your data with any third parties except as provided in this policy or as required by law. We will not share personal data with third parties for Direct Marketing by those parties without your consent. We may supply Corporate Data to third parties including other companies in our group.
Y3K may also disclose your personal information:
• We may provide aggregated statistics (including information derived from your data) about our sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to trustworthy third parties.We will do this for the purpose of carrying out assessments, analysis and research in relation to our business, products, services and customers. This is to assist in the provision of services and products to you, and to facilitate developments and improvements to our web site and the services and products offered to you. The statistics we disclose to those third parties will not include personally identifying information. • to the police, regulators, law enforcement or other government agency where the law requires this, where appropriate to prevent or detect criminal activity, or in connection with product safety, and otherwise to relevant third parties to protect Y3K, its business, staff and customers; and • to prospective or actual buyers in the event that Y3K sells any of its business or assets so help ensure continuity of your customer relationship.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED
We may from time to time contact or update you about products, services or offers that may be relevant to you. This may include delivery, and other products and services related to your Y3K purchases. We may contact you about these by telephone, mail, email and using the contact details you provide and update us with, which we obtain or update with you in our dealings, or which we obtain or update from external sources. This may include telephone numbers that are registered by you or others unless you have told us directly that you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose on a particular telephone number. By providing your details through the website, you are agreeing to this.
If you don't want to be contacted by email, please unsubscribe from the Y3K marketing emails that contain an easy means for you to unsubscribe normally located in the footer and marked as unsubscribe. Please note that Y3K would not necessarily remove all your details from its records but would note and respect your changed marketing preferences.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
Whilst we have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information, Y3K cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online. If you don't want to be contacted by post or telephone you can email us at dpo@Y3K.com or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Y3K (Europe) Limited, Unit 2, Valley Point, Beddington Farm Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 4WP. If you do so, please bear with us for a short time whilst we adjust our records. This usually takes up to 10 days.
Cookies are tiny files that help track the use of the site and to personalise your journey. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
This would also be a common experience of reduced functionality across many websites.
To learn about how change the cookie settings for your browser please see our 'Managing Cookies' section.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Y3K your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Y3K, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Below is a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for. You'll find information about 3rd party cookies below.
Whether the cart block is "expanded" or "collapsed".
Whether the "Terms of service" checkbox has been ticked (1 if it has and 0 if it hasn't)
The Blowfish checksum used to determine whether the cookie has been modified by a third party. The customer will be logged out and the cookie deleted if the checksum doesn't match.
The first name of the customer.
The last name of the customer.
The date and time the cookie was created (in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format).
The email address that the customer used to log in.
The ID of the current cart displayed in the cart block.
The connection ID of the visitor's current session.
The ID of the selected currency.
The customer ID of the visitor when logged in.
The guest ID of the visitor when not logged in.
The ID of the selected language.
The ID of the current wishlist displayed in the wishlist block.
The ID of the last visited category of product listings.
Whether the customer is logged in.
The IDs of recently viewed products as a comma-separated list.
3RD PARTY COOKIES
When you visit Y3K you may notice some cookies that aren't related to Y3K. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
Please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
HOW DO I OPT OUT OF COOKIES?
You can manage the cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use. You can also ask to be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies using the most popular internet browsers below:
Find out which internet browser you use
1. On a PC: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select 'About' 2. On an Apple Mac: click on the Apple menu and select 'About' (make sure the browser is open)
1. Choose 'Tools' 2. Click on 'Internet Options' 3. Click the 'Privacy' tab 4. Move the slider to choose your settings 5. For more detailed privacy settings click on 'Advanced'
Opting out of cookies in Safari
1. Choose 'Preferences' from Safari menu 2. Select 'Security' 3. Cookie settings are shown 4. Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Google Chrome
As a default, Google Chrome allows all cookies. You can manage the behaviour of first-party and third-party cookies or even block them completely.
1. Click on the 'Tools' menu 2. Select 'Options' 3. Click the 'Under the Bonnet' tab 4. Find the 'Privacy' section 5. Click 'Content settings' 6. Click the 'Cookie settings' tab and choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Mozilla Firefox
You can configure which sites are allowed to set cookies, how long to keep them for, and view and manage your existing cookies. 1. Click on 'Menu', then 'Options' 2. Select 'Privacy' 3. Select 'Cookies' 4. Choose your settings
Opting out of Flash Cookies
If you'd like to control the use of Flash Cookies on your computer, please visit Adobe’s website who provide tools to do this.
Y3K (Europe) Limited (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). You have the right to access the information that Y3K (Europe) Limited holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You may lodge an access request for free, but depending upon the personal information you request, we may impose a charge to recover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such change upon receiving your access request and confirm whether you wish to proceed and pay such charge.
You may email us at email@example.com
Or, write to us at: Data Protection Officer Y3K (Europe) Limited Unit 2, Valley Point Beddington Farm Road Croydon Surrey CR0 4WP
AWARD WINNING FEATURES
IQCCTV products are highly acclaimed for their professional quality and innovative features.
Our technical support team are Microsoft certified and fully trained in all aspects of CCTV and Security.
CARE PACKS – EXTENDED WARRANTY
As well as a standard 1 Year Warranty, for extra peace of mind, we also offer an optional 3 Year Care Pack.